
Where do you start looking for an Irish dance competition dress?
Your school, Feisanna, and online, of course. I wanted to sew one myself and found a great tutorial on how to make an Irish dance competition dress, but they've removed it.
Using the old tutorial for ideas, I made one for my daughter last year. You can read the first post in my saga here. I used some of the techniques presented in the tutorial and it gave me an overall idea of what was involved. Make sure you're following NAFC costume guidelines.
If you'd like to buy a used one similar to the dresses pictured here, visit Dance Again. I didn't make any of the dresses pictured here. These are just examples of what you might find on the Dance Again website.
If you're interested in Celtic applique here are some great links to patterns that might be used for that...Several Celtic Knot Circles and Trinities
Trinity(This is the one I used on Miss H's dress.)
Those are beautiful Heidi! You have become quite an accomplished seamstress! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Ging. Sorry for the confusion, but I didn't make the dresses pictured in the post. I was just showing an example of what's out there. I've clarified that in the post now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
ReplyDelete