Read More Text
Click "read more" to see the rest of the post!
Sunday, June 26, 2016
Jump Into Vintage: Lindy Bop & Hair
It's summer! Which means I'm running non stop but I've got a lovely vintage update for you. We've acquired 2 Lindy Bop dresses, and learned more about laziness and vintage hair...
Miss H ordered a lovely chocolate brown and white polka dot Lindy Bop dress. I'm quite impressed with the quality and fit. I will have to add a couple of small bust darts to pull in the gaps at the armscye, but other than that it's perfect!
Her friend picked up this Lindy Bop dress, in perfect condition except for the zipper, at the thrift store for $4.50! The quality is also excellent on this one. The teeth pulled apart when it zipped up. I found the unbelievably simple fix on YouTube (see the video at the end of the post).
Miss H has been working on her own vintage inspired hairstyles lately too...
I've mentioned before that I'm lazy when it comes to hair and makeup. But that doesn't mean I enjoy looking like I just rolled out of bed anymore either. I've found I can achieve a lovely vintage inspired hairdo in 10 minutes with just hairspray, a curling iron, bobby pins, and a comb....no wet or dry setting required. Now, I still love the look of a wet set with my hair, but for everyday this is what I'm achieving.
The front consists of 3 victory rolls. I curl the ends of the front sections of hair to help them roll into place easier. This is the only time I use the curling iron. Sometimes I'll find that light teasing is needed for volume, but it usually isn't. The back is pulled up into a high pony tail. Then the pony tail hair is rolled into pin curls and barrel pin curls, and placed to hide the hair tie & blend with the back of the victory rolls. Then everything gets hair spray. Sometimes I wear a hair flower, sometimes not. It depends on how cooperative my hair is that day. Also notice my new Koi fish brooch in the photo. It's currently my favorite. I snagged it at the thrift store for $2.00.
Ghillie the cat is quite disturbed by all the giggly dress twirling brought on by the arrival of Lindy Bop...
Now check out that quick zipper fix I mentioned....
Labels:
2016,
Jump into Vintage,
Vintage
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment